Sunday, September 23, 2007

Reading with Maddie

Someone put a quarter in her today. I don't think she stopped talking. This is usually where Nathan would insert a comment like "well, she is YOUR daughter." But, it's fun. She was in a great mood and just talked about her whole world today.

That even extends to quiet time. Reading to Madeline requires so much patience. She asks a million questions, repeats everything that you say, and always wants to go back to a different page to comment on a previous picture. Here are some excerpts from our latest reading time:

1) Daddy: Buzz Lightyear says "To infinite and beyond."
Maddie: I don't like "beyond."
Daddy: Ok, then, "to infinite and around the corner."
Maddie: I don't like "around the corner."
Daddy: How about "To infinite"?
Maddie: I don't like "infinny." I like cowboy [Woody].

2) Mommy: Cows can't fly.
Madeline: Cows not can fly. (like she was correcting me or something.)

0 comments: