Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I had the BEST weekend and Mother's Day weekend!!! Nathan and the kids surprised me with breakfast in bed on Saturday morning, along with the pot of grass that Madeline grew for me as their daycare project.









On Sunday, we went to church, brunch, and then the Children's Museum. It was our first time going, but I was so anxious to check it out. Some of my favorite childhood memories were going to the Indianapolis Children's Museum, so I was hopeful that the Minnesota one would be just as good. (Nathan and I only buy each other Mother's/Father's day gifts that we can use to do something with the kids, so membership to the museum was the perfect gift!) Poor Henry couldn't do much there, but Madeline loved the main street area where she got to play doctor, drive the bus, and shop for groceries. And she LOVED this little station where she got to color all over her face with paint crayons.



I feel so blessed to be a mom. It truly is the best and hardest and most wonderful thing I have ever done. I certainly didn't need Mother's Day to remind me how lucky I am to have my husband and kids in my life, but it was a perfect excuse to celebrate our little family. I hope all of you mommies had a great day, too!

0 comments: