Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our first camping trip


So, I don't know about other couples, but when Nathan and I got married, it was definitely perceived that the registry was MY wish list of gifts.  So, "poor Nathan" decided to register for a tent as a "man gift," which we gratefully got from some of his fraternity brothers.  We have only used it once in the 7 years we've been married, so we decided to go camping this summer to finally break in the family tent and to start a new family tradition for our family.  In addition to this, some of my favorite childhood memories were going fishing and camping with my family up north in the Lake of the Woods and also with friends at Turkey Run State Park in Indiana.  (To my Indiana friends, can you please confirm if it really is a great place to go now?  I have romanticized Turkey Run so much, and Nathan doesn't believe me that I would still enjoy it if I went with MY family.)

 
We went to Baker Park Reserve on Lake Independence, which is about 15 minutes away from us in Medina, Minnesota.  Not only was it close, but it also had showers and bathrooms, so it wasn't like we were "roughing it."   We went with our friends, the Lapes, who have 2 adorable and super sweet kids.  The weather was GORGEOUS and we had such a great time.  We're already talking about scheduling our next camping trip later this summer!

1 comments:

The Carrels said...

Yes, Turkey Run is still fabulous! You would love it now as much as you did when you went as a kid... :)