
Introducing Sir Henry Edward Knutson
Born 10:05 on 10/29/07
Weight 10 lbs. 4 oz (for some reason I keep typing ox instead of oz.)
Length 22 and 1/2 inches
Well, apparently the word "induction" worried him so much that he decided to get things going on his own. Sunday night Becky started having contractions at 7:30 pm, and we went into the hospital around midnight. Becky got an epidural at 4 am so we slept for a while.
Before epidural After epidural
At around 9:30 am we were just sitting around calling people to let them know we were in the hospital when the nurse checked Becky and stated that she was at 10 cm! (which is why I married her, of course). This same nurse also stated to us that she predicted that Becky would only be pushing for a 1/2 hour. Of course we laughed (she had pushed for 2 hours with Madeline and 1/2 didn't seem likely). One series of pushes from Becky and the nurse said to stop pushing so she could get the doctors here for the delivery. Becky and I both couldn't believe it. Four more contractions later he literally popped out and into the resident's hands...it was hilarous (maybe you had to be there and maybe you had to be me, I guess the doctor laughed too).
We had a very special visitor yesterday - BIG SISTER MADELINE. She opened the door, walked over to Mommy and Henry, and proceeded to toss a present she bought for him onto him. It was cute. She still doesn't quite get the situation. She really hit the nail on the head with Henry when she was holding him and then said "he's heavy."
This is just a quick update, need to head back.



11 comments:
He is absolutely adorable! Congratulations!!
Fantastic news! Congratulations!! Can't wait to meet the lil' fella. :) Hugs...
~Z's
So glad he's finally here! We're excited to meet the little guy:)
Love the name...so glad that he had a quick delivery... :)
Can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful family!
holy cow...just re-read the stats! A 10 pounder?!?!?
Thank GOD for epidurals!!!!
xoxo
Oh my gosh- I am SO excited for you guys!! What an incredible time in your lives!!! He is absolutely beautiful (boys can be beautiful, right?) Can't wait to come see him!! Be sure to let us know when you're up for visitors! :)
love The Torreys
Oh my gosh- I am SO excited for you guys!! What an incredible time in your lives!!! He is absolutely beautiful (boys can be beautiful, right?) Can't wait to come see him!! Be sure to let us know when you're up for visitors! :)
love The Torreys
Becky, I'm so proud of you for pushing out 10 pounds 4 ounces! You are amazing.
Henry is gorgeous. I see Madeline in him. She's a perfect blend of both of you so I think he will be too.
Good luck with everything. I hope he sleeps through the night very very soon. Greg says babies can sleep through the night at 12 pounds (not that he knows anything:) but I hope he's right.
What a sweetie!!! Congrats. Can't wait to meet the newest Knutson!
Yippieie! Congratulations!
Following from Jill's blog... He's beautiful. I had a 9 lb 12 oz. boy so take it easy :) I don't know about you- but I was sooo glad to no longer be carrying that giant baby around. Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.
Abby
Post a Comment