I hate to be negative, but these past 24 hours have been BRUTAL, and I need to vent... Yesterday, Henry needed to eat, so I quick put Madeline down for her nap. He was crying because he was starving, and she was crying because she wanted more books. As I was changing him, she starts yelling my name. I had forgot to put a diaper on during naptime and she had an accident. So, I had to get her cleaned up and change the sheets, all while Henry is crying because he's still hungry. We made it through that whole debacle until later that afternoon when it was time to work on bottle feeding Henry. Poor guy - he just doesn't like it and that was tough.
Then, this morning has been UNBELIEVABLE. I was thinking it was going to be a great day. After all, I had showered AND put on make-up before 7:15 a.m. But, then I spilled poly-vi-sol (a thick iron-containing medicine) all over the carpet. That was at 7:45 a.m. Once I got that cleaned up, it was time for breakfast. And we found that Sully left us a little present. He LOVES eating socks, and he had found one of Henry's when I was doing the laundry yesterday. So, he threw that up on our carpet. That was at 8:15 a.m. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had to throw the curtains in the laundry because the poly-vi-sol medicine sprayed those. While the load was on the spin cycle, it threw my giant container of detergent onto the floor, breaking the little cap that was designed to hold all of that detergent inside. So, I had to clean a liter of detergent off the floor. That was at 8:30 a.m.
It's 9 a.m., and my 3 messes for the morning are clean. But, the good news is that I'm showered and fed, the kids are fed, and Henry is napping. Please let the rest of this day go better....
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
So you had a bad day....
Posted by Big Daddy at 7:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Becky...it sounds like a three ring circus...and this scares the crap out of me...maybe Max will be an only child!
That Poly-vi-sol stuff is so nasty...gah!
I hope the rest of your day was better!
oh my gosh. that sounded like a sitcom episode! how i'm looking forward to having a newborn and a toddler! hope your day got better... ;-)
Yeah, this post scares me, a lot!!! ~jjh
Post a Comment