Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby #3 is a boy!

We had our ultrasound last week, and we did find out the sex of the baby.  (Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll!)  And, we're having another boy!   Based on what everyone was guessing, it seems like I've apparently had "boy vibes" all along.  If I was surprised, I shouldn't have been.  On the night that I found out I was pregnant, I had a VERY vivid dream of ultrasound results that showed the baby was another boy.  So, from day 1, apparently I knew!  But I didn't know that I knew, if that makes sense....

Either way would have been pretty exciting, but it's crazy to realize how many boys are in our family.  My sister Katie (and Albie) has 2 boys, my sister Amanda (and Frank) has 1 boy, and Nathan's brother Erik (and Chelsea) has 1 boy.  So, Madeline will be the only granddaughter on both sides! 

Madeline was a bit disappointed with the news that she won't have a sister, and she even cried a little bit.  (Henry could care less at this point!)  But , I knew things were going to be okay the next morning.  In an effort to get her excited about her baby brother news, I asked her if she wanted to take an ultrasound picture to show her friends at school.  She excitedly said yes and asked if she could take in the picture that shows the baby's penis.  Hilarious! She was fine to settle on the face shot picture...  :)

Most importantly, the ultrasound showed us that the baby is growing well and appears to be very healthy.  I'll be anxious to review the radiologist's report at my next doctor's appointment to confirm.

Hope everyone is enjoying the warmer spring weather!

0 comments: