I can't say that we did anything TOO exciting over the cold winter months... but here is an attempt to show you the simple things we've been doing to stay warm and busy.
1.We've been dressing up in fancy outfits and tap shoes and making really, really beautiful poses.
2. We've been playing with our Thomas the Train set.
3. We have been playing "baby" with our dolls more and more. And we've been telling our friends at daycare that we are going to have a baby sister, even though we have no idea if it's a boy or girl yet.
4. We got cravings for a warm loaf of bread, dusted off the bread machine, and got to work. The 2 batches we made were "off," to say the least. We didn't go for a third batch.
5. We got all dressed up and fancy for our Valentine's Day party at school. Well, one of us at least did.
6. We have not made ANY progress on potty training, but we do enjoy putting on our big boy underwear. (Isn't he SO CUTE? and SO PROUD?!) In fact, here is the play-by-play from today: Mommy: "Henry, do you want to sit on the potty before you get in the bath tub?" Henry: "No. I just go pee in the water."
7. We have gotten religious!! We have been working on our prayers. Not sure where Henry picked up this little tradition, but he bows down so reverently in his dinner prayers. He doesn't even notice that he is the only one doing that....
8. We have been working on our football moves - mainly kicking and "FUMBLE!!" recoveries. Doing this with one football has also "blessed" us with the opportunity to work on sharing at the same time.
9. We have been independent. Poor Madeline. She has to wear a uniform at school Monday - Thursday, so she really goes for it on her free days. Unfortunately, she chose her Spiderman costume, a Halloween sweater, and fancy silver polka-dotted slip-ons on a day that I was out running errands. Who am I to make a big fuss about what she is wearing? If she is warm and comfortable, then I am happy. Plus she had her winter coat on to hide most of it. But when she stripped off her coat as soon as we got to the pet store, I just had to take a picture to capture her fashion sense. (And notice the dolly - again, she's into babies these days! Wonder why? You can see, Maria, that her Itty Bitty Baby was a great gift - thanks!)
We're obviously looking forward to spring and to getting outside more!









4 comments:
Oh my gosh! Love this post! Look at the picture with Maddie and the sunglasses for her Valentine's Day party; she looks so much like Mom here!!! :)
wow...Madeline has quite an adventurous sense of style!
I think we should all start dressing more like Madeline. I'm wearing my spidey pants to work tomorrow.
Thanks for the update and all of the pictures - excited for more forthcoming and for the arrival of K3. Be good.
Post a Comment