Thursday, September 9, 2010

Madeline's first day of kindergarten

Big Change #2 in the Knutson family happened this past week.... Madeline started Kindergarten on Tuesday after Labor Day.  Leading up to her first day, she said she was nervous, especially about meeting new friends, but you'd never know she was nervous as we walked to school.  (Yes, we live ~4 blocks away from her school and we get to walk her to and from school.)  She is in AM kindergarten.  Her first day must have gone well, because she was mad at me when she got home, saying "I don't like it here at home.  I want to go back to kindergarten."

I think getting dressed is going to be a big challenge.  She picks out the craziest stuff. And I don't really care if she matches or not, but I don't like her "wear only leggings" phase that she is in!

She also gets to pack a snack each day.  On her first day, she requested yogurt, an apple, and carrot sticks.  Whew - big eater!  I have to convince her each day that only one item is necessary.  :)

0 comments: