The family made a quick trip to Sam's Club after dinner tonight, and we spent the time making up random imaginary stories. After receiving our 2nd note from Madeline's teacher in less than a week, I thought I'd try to weave in a lesson to my make-believe story. So, taking inspiration from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I told a story about a girl that visits the soap factory (to pick out a pretty smelling soap for her teacher to say "I'm sorry" for being such a naughty girl at school today)... And one of the rules of the soap factory is that you have to be a good listener and you aren't allowed to touch anything. But the naughty girl did touch a button --even though she wasn't supposed to-- and ended up getting caught in a giant bubble that floated her up and up. She only got down once she listened to her teachers in the factory. Right on the topic--listening. Good moral, right?
It was Madeline's turn next. She started out her story. "There once was a girl who visited a book factory... and there aren't any rules in this factory and you can touch anything you want to."
What am I going to do with this girl!?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
A perfect parenting moment.... or so I thought
Posted by Big Daddy at 5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dying...!!! I don't know what to say about this little one. I just love her!
Pretty cute. You should tell her the one about the country that decided to vote contrary to the Soap Factory's Security Council and as a result lost all future supplies to make their own soap. The company was called "The Yemen Effect Soap corporation."
(PS, make sure Nathan reads this)
Post a Comment