Monday, October 13, 2008

PSA #2 - Strawberry shortcake

I have a ton of friends who have little girls, so I feel like it's my responsibility to provide a review (and warning perhaps?) of Strawberry Shortcake....


I grew up with Strawberry Shortcake, so when I saw that they revived the character, I wanted to buy some books for Madeline, too. Let me tell you, you will be "berry" excited to read these books again! Either something has changed or I don't remember the stories at all, but these books are a MOUTHFUL. All I need to do is let you know the list of characters to get a sense of the content:

  • Strawberry Shortcake and her pets Pupcake and Custard
  • Her little sister, Apple Dumplin'
  • Orange Blossom and her pet butterfly Marmalade
  • Ginger Snap
  • Angel Cake and her pet cat Vanilla Icing
  • Huckleberry Pie
  • Honey Pie Pony
  • Berry Fairies

and so on and so on.... Do they need this many characters in one series? Nathan has refused to read these books to her and saves them for Mommy to read. I don't mind as much, because Madeline likes the stories, but I agree that they are a pain to read!

0 comments: