Hypochondria + fake crying = Terrible Twos!
Okay, so I can't complain about potty training anymore. That wasn't a very glamorous subject anyway, so I'm happy to move on. (But, before I do that, I'll just let you know that Madeline is doing fantastic with the potty and we are just so proud of her.)
The new fun thing for Madeline is to be sick. She told Grandpa on the phone that her throat hurts, but he thought she said "my TOE hurts" and repeated that to make sure he heard it right. On my end of the conversation, I heard her say "yeah, my toe hurts" and then she pulled her toe out from under the covers so I could kiss it. And yesterday on the way home from school, she said "I need to throw up. I'm supposed to throw up in the toilet." Well, at least she knows what to do when it comes to that, right? It's always a scratch here or a tummy hurting there. Talk about crying wolf! She hasn't had a fever or anything, so we're trying to balance medical care with overindulgance. So annoying....
Fake crying is another fine skill she seems to have mastered. I remember this working on her dad in college, so like mother like daughter. I'm just impressed that she's already discovered its true merits already at age 2! But that's as far as I'll go. This fake crying crap has to stop. Which means Nathan and I need to stop giving in to the whining and tantrums. We're working on it. We'll gladly take any advice - even if it's just "suck it up and be the adult." Like I said, we're working on it!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Toddler math....
Posted by Big Daddy at 6:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment